Pages - Menu

My Instagram

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Summer Wrap Up



So summer has once again come and gone in the Southern Hemisphere, so here is my high and low points of summer for 2013/14:

High points
  1. I had another four months off from university, which was a much needed break after a very stressful year.
  2. I got to spend the entire summer down in the South Island with my family and friends, it was wonderful.
  3. All my hard work paid off and I got into the major I wanted. PR here I come!
  4. During summer I worked the entire time and managed to save up a bit of money which will come in handy after uni.
  5. I finally got my retainer off! No more braces or wires or dentist visits, success!
  6. My sister and her boyfriend of six years got engaged! So excited.
  7. I got to spend a lot of time with my friends at home, which was great! I miss them already.
  8. Went speed dating, which turned out to be a lot of fun, despite the nerves before the event.
  9. Meeting new people who I worked with, truly fantastic people that I can call friends.
  10. I got to explore so much of the countryside in the South Island. Yes I've seen some of it before, but having a new camera made it so much more exciting.
Low points
  1.  I had to move out from a wonderful flat. It was such a great place to live and all the flatmates I had there were amazing!
  2. I craved sushi so much when I was home. Nothing compares to some of the sushi in Auckland.
  3. I didn't save as much money over the summer as I would have liked to.
  4. It was so hard to find a new place in Auckland! What made it worse is when no-one replied to emails, texts or calls. SERIOUSLY! did you want/need a flatmate? Oh wait you won't answer that questions since you don't respond.
  5. Spending nearly four months in my hometown. To long, far too long.
  6. I still have my job at BK. Need a new job ASAP!
  7. I haven't been running as much over summer as I would have liked to. Time to change that.
  8. One of my closest friends left the country and deserted us all for Germany. Miss her face!
So as you can see a pretty positive summer. I really loved being home for the summer because after this last year of study who knows where I will be at the end of the year. So getting to spend so much time with my family and friends really was a great way to spend my summer and in a way to say good bye to a town that helped made me the person I am now.

So goodbye sunshine, heat, relaxing and my tanned skin and hello falling leaves, new colours and crisp mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog